[RndTbl] Intrusion detection

Gilles Detillieux grdetil at scrc.umanitoba.ca
Thu May 12 11:13:38 CDT 2005

According to John Lange:
> What tools are available to automatically firewall a given IP address if
> it fails to login via SSH a given number of times or any other activity
> which seems suspicious?
>
> Google didn't seem to turn up much on this topic.

There's a thread of discussion here on that topic:

   http://www.webservertalk.com/message962127.html

It mentions pam_abl, which I had happened across just last week, but
haven't tried out yet.  It's available here:

   http://www.hexten.net/sw/pam_abl/index.mhtml

Sadly, I can't seem to find it as a prepackaged rpm for Fedora.

--
Gilles R. Detillieux              E-mail: <grdetil at scrc.umanitoba.ca>
Spinal Cord Research Centre       WWW:    http://www.scrc.umanitoba.ca/