[RndTbl] cannot boot FC4: ACPI

Dan Martin ummar143 at cc.umanitoba.ca
Sun Oct 9 14:19:24 CDT 2005

Trevor Cordes wrote:

>On  8 Oct, Dan Martin wrote:
>

>>I installed Fedora Core 4 to a pentium 3.  When I try to boot it I get a
>>picture of Tux and an error to this effect:
>>
>>ACPI:  BIOS age (2000) fails cutoff (2001).  acpi=force rqd to enable ACPI
>>

>Did you try booting with acpi=force in the boot command line?  In the
>grub menu hit e to edit the options and add that to the end of the main
>linux command line (middle line I think?).  If that works then add it to
>the proper lines in grub.conf.

I tried adding acpi=force in the "kermel" command line of the Grub
menu.  It makes no difference.

However, I have trouble booting Mandrake as well on that drive - I think
there may be other issues not relevant to the error message.

--
  -Dan

Dr. Dan Martin, MD, CCFP, BSc, BCSc (Hon)

GP Hospital Practitioner
Computer Science grad student
ummar143 at cc.umanitoba.ca
(204) 831-1746