[RndTbl] burning large files

Adam Thompson athompso at athompso.net
Thu Jun 2 16:54:36 CDT 2011

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD#Capacity
Look at the wider of the three tables, it has the # in bytes.  I didn't
know -R and +R were different...

http://www.osta.org/technology/dvdqa/dvdqa6.htm
>From the horse's mouth.

I can't find any information about UDF FS overhead, other than the fact
that as  you move to newer "builds", each type wastes more space, and as
you move to newer versions of the spec, more space gets wasted.  So a
"plain" build UDF v1.02 filesystem will have the lowest-possible overhead.

Although, if you want to absolutely minimize overhead, don't put a
filesystem on the disc at all.  Treat it like a tape, and use tar as your
filesystem :).

-Adam