[RndTbl] Sun StorageTek software?

Gilbert E. Detillieux gedetil at cs.umanitoba.ca
Tue May 8 15:32:15 CDT 2012

On 2012-05-08 14:13, Kevin McGregor wrote:
> We keep getting these emails every 6 hours here at work. Does anyone
> recognize them? I think they are coming from the Sun StorageTek
> management software running on this server which is no longer connected
> to any StorageTek device. We'd like to disable or uninstall the
> software, or at the very least, somehow stop the emails. Does anyone
> know where to look for the configuration of this software? I don't
> really want to grep every file on the system looking for matching strings...

I'm not sure if your software support would be the same as for our
ancient Sun StoreEdge RAID array, but the services we had to support it
were as follows:

lrwxrwxrwx   1 root           17 Aug 27  2001 /etc/rc0.d/K80amon ->
../init.d/amdemon
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root           17 Aug 27  2001 /etc/rc1.d/S90amon ->
../init.d/amdemon
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root           17 Aug 27  2001 /etc/rc2.d/S90amon ->
../init.d/amdemon
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root           18 Aug 27  2001 /etc/rc0.d/K90rdac ->
../init.d/rdacctrl
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root           18 Aug 27  2001 /etc/rcS.d/S55rdac ->
../init.d/rdacctrl

The amon/amdemon service was the array monitor, and the rdac/rdacctrl
service was lower-level RAID control driver support, if I recall.  (It's
been years since we set this up or even used it.)

Of course, with newer Solaris versions than version 8, services would be
managed differently, and may likely have different names.

Hope this helps!

--
Gilbert E. Detillieux		E-mail: <gedetil at muug.mb.ca>
Manitoba UNIX User Group	Web:	http://www.muug.mb.ca/