[RndTbl] Printers needing a new home

Adam Thompson athompso at athompso.net
Sun Nov 24 11:24:53 CST 2019

(Hint: hit Reply, not Reply-All.  Don't be that person.)

I have two printers that don't meet my needs right now just taking up
floor space.  I need them to stop taking up so much space.  I figure
*someone* on these lists will be interested in free mid-range laser
printers, right?

First:

1 x HP LJ2000dtn (PCL6/PS3, 2 trays, duplexer, network, 24ppm) - tray
"2" can't be inserted right now, which makes the printer mostly useless
until that gets fixed.
Free to a good home that cares enough to repair it - *probably* an easy
job, no guarantees.  No guarantees on the rollers, either, but it worked
OK last time I used it.
You pick it up from home (near St. Vital Center) or office (near UofM).
It's kinda bulky but not that heavy (42lbs, but it comes apart)
-> https://www.laserpros.com/img/TechTips/hp-2300-printer-specs.pdf

And, recently acquired used to replace the HP but I screwed up on the
model# (I thought it was a T652dn):

1 x Lexmark T652n (PCL/PS, 1 tray + 1 extra tray, network, 52ppm) comes
with 2 extra toner cartridges (~10k pages each).
Free to anyone who doesn't need duplexing.  (Oops on my part when I got
it.)
Makes an alarming but apparently harmless thumping sound, and the
3rd-party non-Lexmark toner tends to oversaturate (you can adjust
density in print driver to fix this).  Everything seems to work,
regardless.
Weighs >50 lbs and is a rather large & awkward cube even after
disconnecting the trays, so you can come pick it up.  (It'll fit into
the back of any taxi without issues.)
-> http://brochure.copiercatalog.com/lexmark/0030G0125.pdf

Reply if interested.  They'll get dropped off at Urban Mine or similar
if no-one wants them.
-Adam