[RndTbl] Sendmail question

Gilbert Detillieux Gilbert.Detillieux at umanitoba.ca
Tue Apr 11 09:48:37 CDT 2023

You could probably use sendmail's "-t" option, to resend to all
recipients shown in the mail headers.  Or, if there's just the one
recipient, you can always just explicitly supply them as a command line
argument.

If the saved mail message has the mbox-style one-line mail header, you'd
want to strip that off first...

	tail -n +2 mbox | sendmail -t

Check your man page, though, in case Solaris has some alternative form
of sendmail command installed.

Also, sendmail may give some kind of warning if you use the "-t" option
and you're not invoking this as a user it considers trusted (and that is
configuration dependent).

Gilbert

Gilbert Detillieux          E-mail: Gilbert.Detillieux at umanitoba.ca
Computer Science            Web:    http://www.cs.umanitoba.ca/~gedetil/
University of Manitoba      Phone:  204-474-8161
Winnipeg MB CANADA  R3T 2N2
For best CS dept. service, contact <cs-support at lists.umanitoba.ca>.